Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Emmy moments.....

Just a few cute moments that I needed to document about Emily.

First, a few nights ago, Hannah was mentioning how she felt re-reading a part of "New Moon".

Hannah: I can't believe that affected me again.
Me: Yeah, but understand. Good books can do that. So, did you feel sad?
Hannah: Yeah, I did.
Emily: Did you cry?
Hannah: Actually, yes, I did.
Emily: (and I wish you could get her voice on this) So would you say you were crestfallen?

Hannah and I exchange a look of, "how the heck did Emily know the word crestfallen?"

Emily catches me staring at her and she says, "What? That can mean sad......right?"

We all chuckle.

She's just so cute.

Next Emily moment.....

First, let me say, Emily really enjoys our ride home from school. It is just me and her. It allows us some alone time and we exchange the day's events.

So here we are, riding home on Tuesday when she asked about my day.

Me: Well, I was suppose to meet with someone about going back to college but he didn't show up for my appointment.
Emily: College?! Why would you go back to school if you don't HAVE to?
Me: Well, I never finished my degree and I really want to.
Emily: Really? Hmm...... (she ponders for a moment or two), then adds, so would you going back to school affect me and me being picked up at the end of the day in any way at all?

All I can say is, that made me think......

Third story:

Backstory: Abby is a little, oh, let's just say, OCD....asks things over and over for surety....or just to bug the shit out of me.....either way, 4 yr and 9 month old children tend to be repetitious in their questions.....

So for the hundredth time she asks me if she has show n' tell tomorrow and finally, Emily let's out an exhausted sigh, then says, "Abby, yes you have show n' tell tomorrow, and don't you know by now that Mamma knows EVERYTHING."

That's my girl!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Here's a Trey moment:

Recently when school was starting, Taryn was on the phone with an incoming 7th grader telling him all the horrors of junior high (now that she's a big 8th grader). She went on and on about the mean teachers, the fights, etc.

I said, "Taryn, you will scare that boy shitless!" Trey (barely 11) was taking it all in and finally said, "Are you saying that he will be so terrified that he will become constipated??"

HA!

Carol said...

"crestfallen"! hillarious.

oh and robyn's story...oh my gosh!way to analyze. so funny.

Leslie said...

Robyn, that story is HILARIOUS--I really wish you would start a blog; I just know you have so much to share!

Baldwin Fam said...

So cute. I love that her only concern about you going to school was her after school pickup. :) Other than that...it appears you've got the go ahead.