Here is just one of those moments I found really funny and I'm sure you needed to be there, but I thought I'd share anyway......
We went to Border's Bookstore because A) we're nuts for books and B) Hannah is such a HUGE reader she tore through the Twilight series at lightening speed, leaving herself nothing to read for the new school year and C) I got a recommendation I just had to have...(The Time Traveler's Wife).
......so there we are, waiting for help because we couldn't seem to find "The Vampire Diaries" by L.J. Smith, when this other customer, who is with his little boy, asks the salesperson (an older lady) if she has a book on potty training. She says, "For you or for him?" and the customer says, "Well, I've think I've got going potty pretty much covered at this point, so I guess it needs to be for him."
I literally laughed outloud and the saleslady turns and looks at me like, "what's so funny?" After a moment, the saleslady finally figures out why I am laughing and why the customer has turned beet red from his own joke.....she then looks embarassed herself and adds, "well, I mean, it's just that if YOU want to read it to HIM it's one book and if you want it to be a picture book HE LOOKS at, then that is a different suggestion."......and they go off on their way......
I just thought that was really amusing. Oh, and by the way, The Time Traveler's Wife is really good so far. I'm loving it.
Wouldn't it be wonderful to have the ability of time travel?
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Amusing Moment
Posted by Leslie at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh the potty training days. Boy ams I glad to be over those. So how is the new book. I am always looking for a new sereis to start.
Oh, that is a funny potty story!
Post a Comment