Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Campers!

Continuing on the vein of vacation information......

With great sadness, we left Montana. Saying goodbye is always hard, but we had waiting friends and family in Idaho.

But, also waiting for us was Abby's first camping trip. We had been invited to a my sister's, husband's family's reunion--follow that? So that would be Brent's family's reunion, held at Bear Lake.


Beak Lake was BEAUTIFUL.....wonderful, clean water, clean campsites, wonderful food! It was a great time. There's nothing like playing in the sand, sea doos, and s'mores....despite mosquitos....lots of skeeters. But that's why God made someone smart enough to make bug spray, right?


My eldest nieces were able to make it (hope they don't mind being on my blog). This is Sara and Lara.

They each had their first watercraft ride (driver's Sara and Brent).







This is my sister's youngest, Kira.



S'mores


Water is cold!


This is Pink Dolphin Island. There was all that water to play in and they chose to take over a chunk of sand they said was made of chocoloate and named it Pink Dolphin Island. (I forgot to take a picture of their mascot who was, as you have probably guessed, a pink toy dolphin.)



Dutch Oven Cooking at its finest. I was very impressed; I LOVE Dutch Oven food!. The stand at the base was made by my dad.




We did the tent thing. It actually went really well.



I would say, overall, it was a very fun and successful camping trip! The one concern I had was that Abby hadn't gotten dirty enough. We'll try harder next year!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi Les-Bob:

So happy to find your blog again. I'm glad you made it back to Montana. Your photos are great. We didn't get back there this summer, and I missed it! No place like home, huh? I cracked up at the shot of your old high school, though I had to figure it was tiny. Enjoy the rest of your summer! XOXO, Robyn

Leslie said...

Rob-Bob--good to hear from you--wondering where you have been. Yes, there is nothing like home--nothing like Montana! I am crazy homesick. love you.