Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DNC

I am no way a political expert--I'm not really even into politics all that much. I can tell you who the President and Vice President are and I can even tell you who the Governor of Nevada is other than that, it's not really my thing. I do tend to be conservative but I don't really align with either party. I try to follow the issues, be informed and vote accordingly.

.......that said,

I did watch some of the Democratic National Convention last night. I don't know why I watched; it was like driving by an accident and you can't help but stop and look at the dead, covered body.....

So here it is; my take on the DNC:

First of all, did anyone else notice that Hillary really needs some soft, wispy bangs? or that wearing a pants suit the color of a big pumpkin was bad idea? I mean, seriously, all I could think of as I tried to listen to her nonsensical rambling was that October would be here before I knew it and I wondered if Hannah would dress up or be "too old" for that sort of thing.

And just when I refocused on Hillary's speech, they would pan to Bill. I really don't need to see Bill. I saw enough of him when he was President and I couldn't gut him then.....it was even worse last night as he feigned love and emotion.....bleck....I wondered what he squirted in his eyes to appear misty. Sorry; sure I'm offending someone, but the Clinton's sicken me.

And when they weren't panning to Bil-Bo, they were panning to women in the crowd making sure to catch a few of the less....well....let's just say, "feminine" women.....not that I'm judging! I'm not! Just an observation. I mean, afterall, I wouldn't want to do or say anything "improper" when discussing something as pure and clean as politics).

Did anyone else catch at least four "when I ran for President"......I mean, come on already, Hillary....you were suppose to be there for Obama.....quit mentioning that you ran for President. We know you ran; you lost! enough already. geez.

Now Michelle....Michelle Obama kinda seems classy. However, I think her, "I'm concentrating on what you're saying" face comes off as a.....well.....I'll say it, she looks a little bitchy. Her hard, pursed lips just don't seem friendly. Loved her dress though......

I caught a few words like green collar workers, genocide, and poverity but I'm not sure what she really could do for anyone anyway......actually, I'm not sure I trust any politician.

Now, we'll see what the Republicans give me for fodder.

2 comments:

Debbie Freeman said...

Glad to know I don't have to watch it and I can just get a breakdown of the fun I missed. :) I much prefer your take on things than the pain of actually watching the trainwreck and all the victims they have dragged into the fun.

Carol said...

love all the Hillary visuals. thanks for breaking it down to the nitty gritty for us. great commentary. they should hire you for the side show of the DNC!