Sunday, November 23, 2008

With Bated Breath......

The day Hannah and I had waited for was finally upon us.....Twilight hit the theaters and as soon as it did, we hit Fandango and got our tickets. (sidenote: The Aliante Station theaters are great! lots of leg room, which made it that much more amazing that the little turd boy behind us kept somehow kicking our seats.)


Here is my not so Rollingstone Mag review:

Great chemistry between the lead actors. Rob Pattinson isn't the Edward I have in my head when I read, but he pulled it off and was much better than I thought he would be. I wanted more of the book and would have gladly sat through another half an hour to get it. I thought it was a cheesy in spots but the humor added that was not in the book worked for me---I laughed. It was a low budget film and I think that showed, BUT that said, to see a book you love come to life on the big screen is great no matter how you slice it. I am hoping that the financial success of the first one will make the subsequent movies even better.
And the best part......to have my daughter reach over, grab my hand and squeeze it because she is just that excited made it an even greater moment.


(yeah, we're dorks....we don't care.)

3 comments:

Karin said...

Haven't gone yet...dying to. I've heard mostly good things about it.

Cute haircut, by the way! (maybe it's not even a new haircut, but it has been cut in the last 2 1/2 years...so to me, it's new!)

Kerri Marie said...

Yeah we went to the first showing! but it was worth the late hour! =) I agree with the cheesyness but it was still good. I really want to go see it again. lol

Lindsay said...

I'm so right there with you! Low budget film . . . but it was super fun to see that book on the big screen!