As I was decorating the exterior of my home for Halloween for the 6th year in a row, I shook my head in disbelief. I couldn't believe we still live in Vegas! But as my little punkins were able to go trick or treating dressed in nothing but their actual costumes (no coats, no sweaters), for a fraction of second, I was glad we live where we do.....just a fraction....don't get too carried by my words! If you quote me, I'll deny it and delete this blog entry!
So here is what we had this year:
Hannah wore the teen edition of the bumble bee, which, do to its skimpiness, she was required to wear leggings. No argument there; glad she is still so modest. Why is she posing this way? Her hands are representing her stinger.
Emily wanted to be a Latin Princess (let me back up; September was Hispanic Heritage month at school so......there you go....) Plus, Emily is my child who has always been fascinated with other cultures and really, really, wishes her skin was tan, that her hair be brown, and she'd like to have brown eyes. and speaking a foreign language would be a bonus to the whole situation.
Abby (I got sooooo lucky on this one)-- Remember her 4th birthday? the birthday where she got the light up rainbow princess dress? Well, that is exactly what she wanted to be. Yeah! Saved money there! I sprayed her hair with a rainbow of temporary hair colors, she wore her Skechers that light up when she walks and wala! a rainbow princess. (Yes, she is a ham).
It was an overall great night of trick or treating....with the exception of the home that Hannah said, "kinda sort of smell like a different, funny smelling cigarette." Can you say munchies?! Surprised they had any candy left to give! ha ha ha --call me if you don't get my joke.
Lane did his usual, excellent pumpkin carving.
No one was sick; no one threw up from too much candy, no one whined about how much walking we did (except for me but I'm the mommy; I get to.) We rounded the night off with Red Brick Pizza. Overall, a very successful 2008 Halloween.

1 comments:
Love the photos. Your girls are darling!
Post a Comment