I've realized I truly need to more frequently document the things my kids say and do because very often, it is hysterical, at least it is to me. So here are a few things from the last few weeks.
Hannah: "Mom, can I drink the juice right out of the jug? There's not much left."
Me: "Let me see how much there is." I examine jug. "Nope, there's too much left Hannah. That's a pretty big jug."
Hannah: "Well, I do like big jugs."
I tell Lane.
Lane: "Too bad she's not my son."
The girls have taken to watching "Cops" with me. I'm glad they bleep well on that show. Anyway, a few Saturdays ago, the girls and I were watching "Cops" and a female officer appeared on the scene.
Emily: "Wow. I didn't know that girls could be cops."
Me: "Well, of course, girls can be anything they want to be." (My women's lib moment)
Emily: "So I can be a cop?"
Me: "Sure."
Emily: ponders a moment. She's clearly in deep thought then says, "I think I would like to be one of CSI people....as long as I don't see blood or dead people, or anything gross really."
Me: "You might want to stick to you love of fashion, sweetie."
Last week we had lunch at Ruby Tuesday's with dad...by the way, if you haven't had their Triple Prime Burger you simply must.
So we finished up lunch and went to the restroom (same day as the Conversatory--don't want to make that trip without the restroom first!).
Hannah, Emily, and I are done "feeding the fish." Abby takes a stall by herself. People have entered and are waiting.....
Me: "Hey, Abby, are you done yet?"
Abby: "No, I taking a poo-poo."
Me: "O.k., but hurry up, people are waiting."
Abby: "O.k., but I taking a poo-poo."
Me: "O.k."
silence.....moments later.....
Abby: in song....."Somewhere....over the rainbow....way up high......" hum hum hum.....
Restroom bursts into laughter.
Monday, April 14, 2008
The Things Kids Say and Do.....
Posted by Leslie at 9:49 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment