Monday, March 31, 2008

Yard Sale!


We're typically the people who would rather just give their stuff to charity but we had SO MUCH STUFF!!!.....I finally convinced Lane we'd make money by participating in the community yard sale, so finally he gave in.....but insisted he would only come outside when absolutely necessary. That is pretty much how it went. He translated once and moved five pieces of furniture--two of which we're not actually ours.

I'm so pathetic---I stood getting teary-eyed as I went through the baby clothes, remembering specific items....remembering some of them all the way back to my 22 year old niece. Yes, I'm serious.....so finally I quit looking at them, threw them on the table or in a plastic tub and put up a sign that read, "All Infant's and Children's Clothing 25 Cents."

But sadest of all was Abby's good-bye to her stroller....that stroller has seen a lot of miles at Disneyland....and Disneyland vacations are some of our best family moments. We told her the stroller would be leaving us; she looked a bit confused--maybe even concerned, but said good-bye, stopping short of kissing it.

Strangest of all was Lane's bike....he rode this bike on his Mission. We were loading up our loveseat into the back of the truck when Lane said, "I can't believe that bike didn't sell." I said, "Well, it is probably thinking: I haul your butt all over Houston to teach the Gospel and this is the thanks I get? You want to sell me?" ha ha of course, and right about that moment the back tire popped and hissed....it blew.....very funny timing.
It is bad news for me that one day in the sun running a yard sale completely zapped me but it was an experience I would probably repeat since we had a pretty sizeable profit and I'm fairly certain we have even more crap.....excuse me....beautiful, valuable possessions we could sell.

3 comments:

Debbie Freeman said...

YAY! I am glad it went so well. Sorry we missed it, maybe next weekend :).

Baldwin Fam said...

Alright! Glad you could make some spare change. :)

Kerri Marie said...

I love a goog yard sale! The bike thing is cery funny. =)