Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Look Who's Four!

I swear I just had this baby girl.....and I guess she isn't a baby anymore! She's four! Aahhhh...my lil' Abby. She is so much sugar and spice. I love being home with her! (most days).


Here's a peek at her birthday.
Her day started with a little party in the morning with her preschool friends. With the exception of one boy who got some pirate stuff, everything was PRINCESS. That girl LOVES Cinderella! Well, pretty much any Disney Princess, however, she is convinced that SHE is Cinderella in the flesh.
We then had a special Taco Bell lunch with Daddy...mmmm....Taco Bell.....mmm...cheesy gordita crunches and Mountain Dew....not for Abby....for ME. Hmmm.....I wonder why I can't lose the weight? Anyway, after Taco Bell, we began the construction of a Castle shaped cake with homemade buttercreme frosting. (familyfun.com and allrecipes.com, by the way).
When the big girls got home, they too dressed up. After dinner, Abby was about to spontaneously combust from the excitement of her upcoming gifts, so we decided we had best get to gift and cake portion of the day. There were lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhhs. In fact, I didn't think I would capture so many "shock n' awe" expressions. She was one, happy, little, four year old!

But probably most fascinating was this dress.....it lights up! Yes, I said lights up! It runs through a myriad of colors and Abby could not be happier about her new princess dress.

3 comments:

Debbie Freeman said...

Those are some great pictures! And you definitely have a house full of beautiful princesses!

Carol said...

I can't believe she is FOUR! I remember when Kristen turned 4 (in this house) when she got Lizzy Mguire movie and the barbie doll house. Abby just doesn't seem that old.

Nice cake, bytheway!

Whitney said...

I remember when you had her! There is no way that it's been 4 years. She sure is spunky! I miss her!