Wednesday, August 15, 2007

TFV07


AAhhhhh....the Trammell Family Vacation 2007 (TFV07) San Diego, California....it will for sure take at least a couple of days to blog about the time honored tradition of the family vacation. As soon as we hit the highway, PVD hit (Post Vacation Depression).

I was already struggling with PHPD (Post Harry Potter Depression) so this was a tough reality to deal with......We LOVE Southern California--perfect weather, perfect amount of humidity, love going to the beaches, green, beautiful....LOVE, LOVE LOVE IT--Well, we could do without the traffic congestion, but overall, love it down there.

Where do I begin? Well, first we left on Wednesday night and got settled into the good ol' Holiday Inn. We had originally been told there was not a complimentary breakfast, but it turned out there was a breakfast buffet for Priority Club Members, which Lane is a member...nice for the budget....

We hit Big 5 and scored a cheap sleeping bag for the poor child who had to hit the floor for the night; turned out to be Hannah. She said it was Emily's turn the next night. She didn't like it much either and by night three, it became Abby's full-time bed. We gave her some extra cushioning from the comforter and she was just fine--no complaints.....hmmmm...maybe should've done that for the big kids, eh?

Day One: We went to Sea World. We coordinated the day with a mix of sightseeing, water rafting and the shows. Shamu did not disappoint! We sat in the "soak zone" hoping to get hit with the water to cool off.....sure Shamu can splash up to 16 rows...not! :(

The Cirque Del Mar was a fine example of physical fitness. I can't believe what they do! I'm just spit ballin' here, but it's a good hunch these people do no eat junk food and sit in front the TV and computer all day....just guessin'....


When the acrobatics began, well, let me just say, I think Abby's expression says it all--


We thought the most entertaining show was sea otter show. Quite amusing. This time we sat in the VERY FRONT row of the soak zone...again, no soak. Well worth watching though.


Here's how I look after 6 days of eating out for every meal.....


Our only disappointment? Not getting to ride the Journey to Atlantis...the ride was down and they had no idea when it would be up and running again.....aaahhhh!!!! Frustrating!!!
Well, I think I am spent reliving Day One--will share more tomorrow!

1 comments:

Carol said...

Very entertaining! Love Abbys face. And what is wrong with eating junk food and sitting at the computer all day, hu? I like my life just fine. I have no desire to exceptional!