Monday, August 20, 2007

TFV07 - Day Two

O.k...I decided I had best get back on to the vacation story before I forget what the "story" even was......


On day two of our vacation, we went to the San Diego Zoo......we first stopped at the snakes...."ssssssssss".....we thought it was really cute how the boa constrictor wanted to take a nap with the little white mouse....ahhhhh, how sweet.....

Lane must have been hungry. Everytime we saw something remotely resembling a pig he'd say, "mmmmm, good eats!" ugh. Then of course, it became a well overplayed joke that still made us laugh. I shiver when I think of the therapy my children will need someday.


We were very happy to find that our tickets included the sky ride over the zoo. Abby is not a fan of heights or anything that provides a, "I just left my stomach in the air feeling," so getting BACK on it was a challenge but we did manage and it went fine.....waaayyyy better than walking. Lane was hoping his ride would be number 24.....bummer, got 19.


I took a really cute picture of the girls sitting on a silver hippo, however, the front of Abby's little shirt fell down showing her "two best friends," if you know what I mean, so if I didn't think I get turned in for child porn, I'd post it....it was still cute....just wished I had noticed that faux paux in the right moment.

Well, what really can be said of a zoo....walking, animals, more walking, expensive food, "are we almost done yet?", more walking, "my feet hurt!", walking, "can we take a break?" animals, walking, "I'm thirsty; I'm tired." You know, the usual zoo stuff. We skipped over some things thinking we'd go back on Monday.
That evening we decided we wanted to eat somewhere unique; some place Vegas doesn't have, which really, being Vegas, isn't easy to do. We got a late start but that didn't stop us....we drove, and drove, Oh! by the way, we unexpectantly found the San Diego Temple; here is what it looks like when you go by at about 60/65 miles per hour....actually turned out pretty good, eh? It's a beautiful building.

We ended up deciding our quest was futile and we should just go to an Outback we had passed. We went up the road, took an exit and went to turn back around when ended up in the parking lot of a steak house called Bully's....turned out to be the best choice ever! AWESOME food, one of the best steaks I've ever had. It almost compared to a restaurant I love in Montana. Now THAT was good eats.

Well, after a 9PM feeding frenzy, we returned to our hotel with sheer exhaustion. There was no asking the kids to hit the sheets twice.
And it was a good day--

1 comments:

Carol said...

So did you tell the 'snake sleeping with the mice story' to make the girls feel good or was that just a joke? Disgusting either way!