Up by the crack dawn and ready to go is how I would describe Hannah and Emily on their first day of 5th and 2nd grade, respectively. They were soooooo excited; I tried to conceal mine.
I had an unexpected thump in my throat when I took Hannah to her "dot" on the playground. She didn't want me to fuss with pictures and hugs, but I did anyway....well, she didn't mind the hug. Wow! Last year in elementary. The emotion took me by surprised, but I sucked it up and didn't embarass her or myself.
Emily couldn't wipe the grin off her face--she even told her new teacher that she just couldn't stop smiling. She is thrilled to have a friend from 1st grade with her and I think that truly helped her to be brave.
We had one slight miscomm. at the end of the day; Emily went to find Hannah at the big flag and I already had Hannah and was headed Emily's way. Yes, she was in tears when we returned to the flag. It's all good now though.
They both say it was a great day!

1 comments:
Those two are killin' me with there posses! Ya, we lost one the end of the day too, but it's all good!
Post a Comment