Monday, June 18, 2007

The Mighty Hikers

We decided to be active over the weekend. For those of you who don't know, interestingly enough, we have mountains not more than 30 minutes from our house. In the summer there are hiking trails, camping, picnic areas and the winter holds sleding and even a ski resort. I know, hard to believe. Anyway, we headed up early because it still gets pretty warm. Lane had hit this particular trail a few weekends before with his friend.....so we thought it would be good for the fam to be physically active together....we spent the rest of the weekend nursing our wounds, but we're totally up for doing it again. I can't believe what troopers they were, although, you can tell from the look on Hannah's face and her posturing she'd much rather be sitting in front of the computer or the Playstation2, which is exactly why we need to do this more often! And in true Lane and Leslie form, we rounded off the hike with Krispy Kreme Doughnuts.




2 comments:

Carol said...

Lovely pictures. I've been thinking the same thing. We need to do something fun on the weekends every once in a while.

jen said...

LOVE that you went for Krispy Kremes after. That is why I love you so.