For those of you who knew my beloved T.J., may he rest in peace, take a look at this! Yes, I nearly passed out. I thought I was hallucinating. This kitty has taken a liking to a spot in our yard and has been coming around for a while now.
He or she is not a tame cat and if you get too close, h/she bolts like lightning. So to get this picture I had to recapture my youth. Growing up in Montana we had A LOT of cats outside. I was the official cat tamer, and I have the scars to prove it. I was really quite good at it. It's one of my better skills that I haven't had to use in a long time. My technique came back to me quickly and there I was, 41, sitting on the lawn, slowing pacing myself closer to the cat--one small move at a time--and soon, I was close enough to zoom in for these shots. Slowly, I backed away, retreated to the house and left the T.J. look alike to resume napping. I wish it would've opened its eyes; they are as bright blue as T.J.'s. It has short hair though and T.J. was of course much better looking. It has been kinda nice to see it out there, but no, I'm not getting attached, I'm not feeding it, and it will not relocate with us should that day come! (I do kinda want to give a big hug though.)

1 comments:
he/she looks very much like TJ. You should feed him and keep him. I would.
Post a Comment