Friday, September 21, 2007

Yummy Recipe

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com--I love allrecipes.com--It is super easy and yummy. I have tweaked it a bit though.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I make it even easier and buy the cooked, ready to eat Tyson Chicken)
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic (I buy the jar of minced garlic)
1/2 tsp ground cumin
2 (14.5 oz) cans chicken broth (I use one can low sodium)
1 c frozen corn kernels
1 c chopped onion (I use 3/4 cup)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tbl lemon juice
1 cup chunky salsa (I use mild Pace Picante)
8 oz corn tortilla chips
1/2 c shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)

Directions:
In a large pot over medium heat, saute the chicken in the oil for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and mix well. Then add the broth, corn, onion, chili powder, lemon juice and salsa. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes.

2. Break up some tortilla chips into individual bowls and pour soup over chips. Top with the Monterey Jack Cheese and a little sour cream.

Enjoy!!!

0 comments: