Monday, September 3, 2007

Vacation

O.k...I'm not even sure it is of any value or interest to continue to blog about our vacation, but I thought I would finish it up.....

On Day three, we went to the Wild Animal Park.....we were so sore and so tired that we realized we should have been physically training for this vacation! Turned out our passes included the Wild Animal Safari Bus tour....we took it and called it good. Way better than the walking. Turns out this particular park is a lot of up and down walking...not just little tiny slopes, like rather steep hills....steep for those of us not physically fit that is.

Day Four--The Beach. We LOVE the beach. We got body boards this year. A definite plus. Lots of fun. However, a couple of mishaps occurred. Lane and Hannah were so anxious for the water that they ran right in and Lane had his car keys in his pocket; my keys were locked in the car. He runs up asking for the key to the car and I'm all, "uh, it's in your pocket remember?" No, its in the ocean now. He decides to retrace his steps back to the "burb" for the keyes and finds that the vehicle is somehow unlocked--could've swore we locked it--he gets my keys.
When he returned he went back in the ocean--forgetting that his sunglasses were on top of his head. Yes, the mighty ocean swept them away. I decided to walk back to the car after this news to double/triple check the path--really just to keep from saying something nasty, cuz hey, it could happen to anyone right? All the way to the car I'm seriously praying that we find his keyes. Nope. No luck.
When I return to our spot on the beach, Lane says, "well, let's see, the glasses were what, $150? and the car remote and key is what, $300? so it's better that we got these back" and holds up his car keys--some lady just walking along in the water stepped on them and thought to look down and pick them up. She yelled, "keys! anyone lose their keys?" Lane immediately retrieved them and asked her to look out for some Ray Bans.

On Day Five we went back to Sea World and more beach activity. We we burned out by then!

There are no stunning photos to represent the beach activity; no one is seeing me in a swim suit!

I'll close with this not too bad family photo another couple was kind enough to take for us.


You know; vacations are great. Even when you're totally spent, your sick of the children fighting, you've got the music from High School Musical invading your dreams; you realize you can now sing along with Troy and Gabriella--through all the exhaustion and the money spent-it's all worth it. Every moment you see something through the eyes of your children is a moment worth remembering.

1 comments:

Carol said...

He's killin' me with the keys and sunglasses!!!