Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OOOOHhh Memories....Like the corners of my mind.......

I got the girls a Wham-O Slip n' Slide today and when I opened the package, the smell that wafted out took me back years.....that familiar scent of plastic toys fresh out of the package. It made me think of all the other smells that make me reminisce....

The smell of:

new Barbie dolls....apparently, things along the vein of plasticity......
rain...or impending rain
mountains covered in pine trees
Summer in Montana and Idaho....so, the smell of fresh country air I guess (but where I grew up has a very specific smell I wish I could bottle)
Coppertone sun screen
cotton candy
fresh baked bread
fresh baked cookies
Play-Doh
roses
my parent's linen closet.....in the Sun River house.....
my dad's shop/garage
fresh cut grass
campfires
Dial soap
Beer...sorry, but that's just how it is....I grew up with it...or maybe on it, one of the two....ha ha
Bonnie Bell Dr. Pepper lipgloss and strawberry lipgloss
Baby oil....because back in my day, that's what you sunbathed with.

Well, guess that's enough reminiscing for now. Please share.

1 comments:

Carol said...

So I will ponder the smell question and post my own eventually, but I too love the smell of new barbies.