We went simple for my "31st" birthday. It started as an interesting day. My girlfriend wanted to take me out for breakfast (and she gave me an AWESOME Josh Groban T-shirt), but I digress--I asked a gal I know from Church to watch Abby because she also has a three year old and they are in the Church nursery together. I'm thinking, "it would be great for Abby to have a playdate." Well, Abby went into a temper about something and told the babysitter that she was "going home." Apparently, that was the case because as my friend and I were driving down a road called Deer Springs, there was Abby in the middle of the road, a fair distance from the house she was suppose to be in, barefoot, in a princess dress and a Polly Pocket in each hand. The first thing she said when we got to her was, "I'm going home." That was nerve-wracking to say the least. The babysitter of course felt awful and called me as soon as we left, and burst into tears. I had no idea Abby would even think to open the door and leave and the babysitter thought the door was locked. It was a learning experience for both of us for sure! Later in the day I realized that my driver's license was expiring that day. I tried to go get that done at the DMV Kiosk, but I didn't have the necessary paperwork, so yes, it is now expired. As I was leaving the DMV I saw a huge nail sticking out of my tire. I ran over to Discount Tire to get it checked out and yes, it was leaking, so we had to do a repair....that was about a 40 minute wait. Needless to say, a strange birthday, but at my age, who cares, right? We would have put all the candles on the cake, but we didn't want the fired department to show up; that would have been embarassing. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards, e-cards, presents, etc. Thanks! Here are some pretty flowers I got from a friend. Lane of course couldn't stick the agreement--he wasn't suppose to get me anything since the Josh Groban concert was so expensive--that was suppose to be my gift. He came home with cool presents. I got a digital pic frame, an IPod accessory, because as he said, "you WILL use that thing!" (Backstory--he got me an IPod for the last birthday and I rarely use it; I want to, I just don't have moments to use it). Anyway, but probably the coolest of all (which cost him nothing next to everything else, irony)--he found Aldo Nova on CD--yes, most of you are either too young or not into this music to know the great Canadian 80s band Aldo Nova band, but they totally rock! It is so cool to have this, I can't even tell you. Makes me feel young! ha ha
Oh, we did manage to complete our puzzle. Here is how it looks. We may start another this weekend. We forgot to look at it at night, so it needs to stay on the table. Lane saw it however, and said it is really cool. It sparkles during the day and glows in the dark. Can't wait to see it.

4 comments:
As I was reading the babysitter story, I was thinking "Hmmmm... who could that be?? I must call and find out!!!" Then I saw your comment from the last post. You know I'm a little curious!! How crappy. Your birthday was very eventful! I had no idea it was your birthday until today in Relief Society. Whhaaaa. I totally would have gotten you a fabulous gift. There's always next year, right?? Happy LATE birthday!!!
Aldo Nova...it's nothing but a fantasy.... Am I right??
Yes! "Fantasy" with words like, "it's not reality, it's just a fantasy" and "life is just a fantasy"! That's the one song most known...How's that for a flashback!? Jen, you know I'll be callin' ya...the "babysitter" is really embarassed and struggling with this "event" however, so we need to keep it on the "down low"!
Ok, so the big face on the puzzle is a little disturbing don't ya think.....
Post a Comment