Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Events























I am trying to "pretty up" our yard.....since we're not doing a pool, we've got to do something! I hate the vegetation the builder gave us. So here's what we've done: planter, a Lemon Bottlebrush, hanging plant (which is not yet hanging), a Gardenia, and a Sago Palm Tree.
We got the opportunity to have dinner with cousin Michelle and her partner, Joanne. It was a good visit and good food at the Macaroni Grill.



We started a new puzzle....for those who don't know, we enjoy doing puzzles every so often. For a while, it was an every weekend event, but now we're back to "every so often." This puzzle is proving harder than I thought and taking longer than I need my kitchen table tied up for, but enjoyable. It is amazing how a puzzle can bring the family to the table more than dinner. One minute you are working on a puzzle, next minute you look up and the fam is there and you are actually engaged in conversation! Funny how that works! Anyway, here is the latest in progress puzzle at the Trammell house.









3 comments:

Carol said...

Nice plants! my mom wants me to plant a gardenia for her. Do they have to be in a pot or will they survive the harsh outdoors year round?

Carol said...

Oh ya, so what't the picture in the puzzle?

Leslie said...

Gardenias are an evergreen that can be grown in containers, as borders or as a low hedge. They need pruned in the spring. Average size is 4' x 4' as hedge. They are cold hardy 10 to 20 degrees. I am going to start this one in the pot until I decide where to put it. I'd like it to be big because they smell so LOVELY, and I'm thinking the more blooms the better. The puzzle is a wizard, a castle and some unicorns. Gotta keep those girls happy with that mythical stuff.