Last week we actually got rain. Although it was brief, I didn't want Abby to miss the moment to experience it....so out we went...these photos don't really capture every expression she gave. It was a lot of fun to watch her. She has this look of half smiling, half "what the hell is my mom making me do?," expression. I said, "Hey, Abby....feel the rain!" I guess i
n my mind it was obvious she would put her hands up and instead, she just closed her eyes and tilted her head to feel it with her face. Interesting.
On the same day as the rain, the girls found bubble stuff. The patio was slathered with gooey bubble stuff, which Hannah promptly fell on and hurt her tail bone. Then they decided to make mud pies, which the interesting thing is, I'm always telling my husband I wish the girls could play like I did--you know, run in fields, ride bikes all over town, make mud pies--well, they found a small patch of dirt and announced they were making mud pies. Now there is a small hole in the yard from where they found the dirt, but hey, it is worth it to see my girls make mud pies!

2 comments:
You should come to visit us in Seattle. You can make all the mud pies you want and experience rain almost every day!!! Many, many inches of it. Constant, dripping rain. I'll trade you for a few months.
Yo sista! What the heck are ya so busy with that you can't update the blog every once in a while!!! JK. But really, come on already.
Post a Comment