I am really trying to hold on to a few things from this summer....like Abby having baby teeth. You know you're in denial when your little girl says, "Mom, I have a loose tooth," and you say, "no, you can't. You're too young." To top it off, when she showed me, I thought she meant another tooth than the tooth in question, so when I felt it, it was of course, firmly in place. So Saturday, I was talking to her and noticed how incredibly loose a front bottom tooth was. It just seemed really weird to me that she could possible begin losing teeth already but then I realized, she is 7 in January! I really don't want my baby to grow up!
Speaking of growing up! I am trying to hang on to my girls getting along so well this summer. Hannah has been really patient about playing things she'd probably rather not....and yet kinda really does want to--namely, BARBIES. I for one, played Barbies for a long time. Probably due to lack of play options. I didn't have all this electronic crap my girls have! But seriously, I love that they'll run off and play Barbies because I realize it's probably the last summer Hannah will do stuff like that.
Emily is becoming such a young lady. Very concerned about her appearance....a little lip gloss here and there...anxious for 5th grade. Can't believe this is her last year of elementary. Can't believe that after next year, I will have to endure three different carpools!!! God willing, some magical job will come Lane's way and I won't be here to worry about it.
I've been working on my book....a lot, actually. Ready for another version to be read by some new eyes. I'm feeling hopeful because I know at minimum, I will self publish it...I can't wait to see it in a true book form. Another thing that I'm trying to hold on to...a summer where I'm not taking classes because that's probably not the case next summer.
We had a summer thunderstorm last night. Reminded me of home....and being young....wish I could turn back time....or at least make it stand still.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Summer 2010 Memories (just a few)
Posted by Leslie at 9:57 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Was Edward a gift from Aunt Carmen? I would have killed for a barbie house as a kid too. We got one for my oldest one year, and no one plays with it! Tragic.
yeah, right...cuz if Aunt Carmen had an Edward doll, she'd give it away!
i played barbies for a long time too...but probably because they were the only ones that would play with me. brothers and all, ya know.
time is going by too fast hu!?! Remember our trip to Jackson Hole..isn't that where you told us you were preggers? and I found out like the next week that I was??? Or were we just talking about getting pregnant than???? Freak, it's been to long obviously, I can't remember.
Post a Comment