(First let me say: I know...long time since I've blogged but blogspot is kind of a pain. It leaves me lacking the motivation to blog and yeah, I could do a text only entry but that's booorrrinnnng....blah...who wants to look at that, right? Then like today, internet explorer quit working, I lost some text, had re-add, etc etc....dang....I have wasted so much time formatting and reformatting this entry it makes me mad and really sucks the life out of blogging!)
Okay...I begin.
A Vegas summer is the opposite of a Montana Winter with the exception of the "stay inside" part...obviously, Vegas summer gotta stay in to stay cool. But then there is the battle of combating bordeom. If you hang outside you'll wither away. (Did I mention this is our 11th summer without a swimming pool?)
(homemade plunger: wonder if it works)
At any rate, today we were struck with the idea of homemade play-doh. It evolved into breaking out all their pretend cooking "stuff" and provided at least an 1 1/2 of non-electronic related fun.
We rounded out the afternoon with sugar cookies. Now we need to eat them all before our diabetic daddy gets home. Sorry honey. None for you. :(
(can you guess which one is the carrot cake?)
Other activites for summer 2010 and future blog entries:
California (the beach and Disneyland)
Hannah: Girl's Camp
YMCA--awesome pool and slides
Cooling off in our poor man's pool (the hot tub--now a cold tub)
Gardening
Fantasizing about moving
Mom is working on her book again
an upcoming trip: SLC to meet with family and have some fun.
Playing clarinets (mom and Hannah)

1 comments:
look at you big girl! blogging! you could have brought me some sugar cookies. i would have been happy to help you eat them. then maybe i wouldn't have gone to smiths and bought a big ol' cheesecake to drown my sorrows in!!! ;)
it is a good way to go though.
Post a Comment