Okay, so it wasn't quite as bad as the Bates Motel but damn near....
So here's the story--For a while now, I have been trying to plan a get together with my good friend, Whitney, who lives about 1 hour 45 minutes away in St. George, UT. Since Lane had to work and because I am so tired of my kids being connected to electronics, I thought, "what the heck...let's make it an overnight trip." BUT...we had just spent a lot at Disneyland so an overnight jaunt would need to be cheap. I decided on driving back from St. George to Mesquite.
I fired up my google machine in search of a hotel. I wanted a cheap place with a big pool. Years ago, my parents would always stop at the Virgin River Hotel and Casino and the loved it....for some reason, they just couldn't bring it on in that last hour, but hey, maybe they just needed to mentally brace for the visit. Grandkids can be exhausting.
I digress...anyway, I really wanted the Oasis since it has a great pool, but it wasn't available. To fit my budget I settled on the ultra-low rate Virgin River. The reviews were mixed--some loved it, some hated it, some said, "good enough to rest a weary head." Since I live in Vegas, I decided to gamble.
Well, you know the game of gambling--you win or you lose. I lost.
I was reassured by the ultra-high-tech fire sprinkler system.
Nothing like the best bedding...yes, that is a rip in the blanket.
The rather large crack in the door--pretty certain a "smart car" could have fit through it, which led the chair under the door maneuver.

Don't know if you can tell or not, but this is the bath tub...a dirty, bath tub. We opted to not use it.
But a positive point---pool and spa were fine.

4 comments:
uhhhh...now I'VE got the heebygeebies!!!
I did notice the fire sprinkler in the bathroom, kind of funny!
Oh, I forgot to tell ya all about the 4 AM wakeup call that I didn't request!!
Bleh. At least you didn't have roaches in the shower (a childhood memory).
The last time we stayed somewhere (it was a forced stay due to weather and the shutting down of I-70), I turned on the water in the bathtub and it was brown. We opted not to bathe. I guess you get what you pay for.
Post a Comment