So here's how the day goes..............
8:50 Big girls leave for school
9:10 Phone call then get ready for appt.
9:40 - 11:20 Chiropractor appt., Vons, elementary school, get fuel, go to McDonalds
11:20 Discover my home has been burgalarized.
Abby and I had already entered the home when I discovered my bashed in front door, which actually took a minute to notice since it was closed. Fear shot through me--a feeling like none other. I snatched Abby away from the tv and as I grabbed her, I prayed I wouldn't see my uninvited visitor standing behind me. I fled out the door with Abby, which now that I think of it, I don't know why I went out the garage door, but that's the way I went. I tossed my poor, crying child into the Suburban, flung myself in and backed out the driveway while dialing 911. I have never shaken so much in all my life. I am surprised I could speak to the 911 operator. Having no idea if he/they were still in my house so of course, the 911 operator recommended we not enter until LV Metro could clear the house. Metro showed up....it only took an hour.....not bad for being at the bottom of the list in Vegas I suppose. The officer did apologize. He cleared the house....our intruder(s) unfortunately didn't cause the mess that already existed in my kitchen, but they thrashed the masterbedroom and closet--pulling anything and everything from the drawers and under the bed--and somehow not being intelligent to notice the case of .22 pistol when they see it.
What did they take you ask? Well, so far we've discovered a camera, an ipod, a psp and the game that was in it and a diamond, circle, pendant. We're yet to discover anything else. They didn't bother with our PS2....maybe they felt bad for us that we couldn't afford the PS3 yet or perhaps they're waiting for us to upgrade then they'll hit us again. Thugs.
I am sooooo thankful I didn't walk in on these horrible, heartless, people. We are praying they are caught with the Government issued camera Lane had brought home because if they are, it is a Federal offense. Everyone keep your fingers crossed!!!
Just a reminder not to get comfortable; I have a freakin' security door!! I just got comfortable and didn't lock it when the girls left---like I usually do. I also want to encourage you all to notice your neighborhood and who is in it. The officer said he or they were likely keeping an eye on me and knew they had at least 10 minutes.
The expressions on my children's faces as I explained what had happened to our family are certainly two expressions that will be remembered.
Tonight we're sleeping with one, possibly two, loaded weapons. We'll shoot first and ask questions later.
Gives the expression "I hate Mondays" a whole new meaning, eh?

5 comments:
I still can't believe this happened to you. Terrible. I've been thinking about you guys all day. I hope you can get a little sleep tonight...
Yuck.
Paul was just dissapointed that they had already left and he couldn't be the hero of the day. Maybe next time right? Bailee is already staking out her plan of attack, your bushes will act as her hiding place, after that I think she is still trying to figure out.
Yes, I figure there will be a next time after they see boxes in the garbage indicating our upgrades so we'll put Bailee on the payroll because frankly, if I heard her imitation of a dog growling, I'd be afraid! Let Paul know I would have held Hudson so he could "clear" the house!
Oh how I miss Vegas. The burglers should just come here. All my neighbors leave at least one door open during the day.
I'm so sorry for you guys! Just the feeling of violation...it's sick. I'm glad you're all alright!
Post a Comment