Tuesday, February 5, 2008

5 Things About Me

My friend Debbie tagged me with 5 Things About Me....and not just things people know, things perhaps not commonly known about me....I found it challenging because like Debbie said about herself, I feel like I'm an open book. I tend to be very open and honest when I make friends with people. Today, I would like to thank Debbie for my sleepless night....I lay awake thinking about this task and a flood of things came to me, keeping me up for several hours. But I must say, it was fun to reminisce.

So here it goes:

1. I once had a tumor in my pituitary gland; I had brain surgery to have it removed in 1991.

2. When I was 14, I was shot at close range above my right eyebrow by a boy with a BB gun and the BB remained in my head for months because we lied about how the whole incident occurred so the doctors assumed there was not a BB in my head. (Oh, and my eyes are blue, but my right eye has a big brown spot in it.)

3. My dad pierced my ears when I was about six with a cork, ice, iodine, and a sewing needle.....and it didn't hurt.

4. I have a huge gap in my front teeth that a Mac truck could drive through so I had it filled with bonding, and I was born without eye teeth so I filled those gaps, too.

5. I once traveled from Montana to Idaho to be a band groupie for the weekend for a band called "Matrix"; my friends and I slept on the floor of a gross, dirty house. I, too, wanted to be a singer in a bar band.....it's good to have goals.

6. I have claustrophobia

7. My guilty pleasures are: reality TV, Soap Operas, and Starbuck's Hot Cocoa.

8. I received an engagement ring in the mail from my highschool sweetheart when I was in college (1984). I wore it for a day. Pathetic. I know....and so is he.

9. My mother pulled me and my best friend from highschool one day so we could watch the wedding of General Hospital's Luke and Laura. (My mom rocks!)

10. I have been to the Dominican Republic.

AND THAT'S HOW FIVE THINGS ABOUT ME TURNS INTO TEN.

Since I was thinking of the past, I also decided to post my Senior photo. I want to see yours, too!


Now I'm tagging Jen (but you've been tagged, I know), Carol, Morgan, Kari, Aleta, and Karin.

And to my nonbloggers, but those who read my blog: I tag Whitney, Lara, Robyn, Suzan, and Gina....you can email me your 10.......

Thanks Debbie! It was fun. I now tag you (Debbie) with five more about you!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Your smokin' in that picture!!! Awesome list. I did not know most of those! I'm afraid my life is no where near as exciting. Now I will have some sleepless nights thinking of anything good. Thanks!!!

I can't believe your dad pierced your ears!!!

Leslie said...

Carol, funny that we just had that conversation about the BB Gun the other day or I may not have remembered that incident for this "project". I changed number 10.

Whitney said...

1. Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted a Jersey cow and name her "Buttercup".

I'm still thinking.....

Whitney said...

2. I have really tried to stop drinking soda, well Coca-cola really. But I go a few days and I just feel a whole lot better as soon as the first mouthful passes over my tongue. Pathetic, I know!