I actually asked Hannah's permission before posting this, but it was just so sweet and naive of her to say, I had to post it.....here's how it goes.....
The other day, I believe this was Monday or Tuesday, we were driving to school and we were behind a student driver. Hannah rides in the front now since she is the size of an adult...in fact, she is probably larger than my friend I carpool with! That said, she see's the student driver sign on the car and says:
H: "Hey, we're behind a student driver."
Me: a bit distracted, but listening, "Yep, looks like it."
H: "I think they're doing really good; I bet they pass."
Me: "Hmm...I don't know, they're going too slow and it's making me nuts."
H: "I don't know; I think they're going the speed limit."
Me: grumble, grumble.....still distracted with my own issues.....
H: "So mom, after you pass your driver's test, what kind of car do they give you?"
Me: laughter...."Oh, sweetie, they don't give you a car after you pass your driver's test."
H: "They don't? What am I suppose to drive?"
Me: "I'm sorry; some kids parents buy them cars, but I'm guessing you'll drive whatever piece of crap your mom or dad has to offer."
H: "Well THAT stinks."
I was so thankful for the moment of laughter from my daughter and for the reminder of how innocent she still is.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Things Kids Say....
Posted by Leslie at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That's hilarious! Did you then tell her, welcome to the real world honey? :)
Post a Comment