Hannah achieved a very important and special award at school--It is called the Great American Award. Each year's fifth grade class has the option of taking on this task. We learned at today's ceremony that it was the idea of a Boulder City teacher, and each year more and more student's desire achieving this award.
The students achieving the award must memorize and recite the following: the Presidents of the United States (in order), the Preamble to the Constitution, the Gettysburg Address, the Star Stangled Banner, all fifty states and their capitals, and write the pledge of allegiance correctly including all punctuation.
I can't help it; I'm sappy and when the kids sang Lee Greenwood's, "Proud to be an American," I got choked up--but when they began sign language in parts of the song--I chuckled as I remember the sign language seen in the ever so funny and quirky movie, "Napoleon Dynamite".
All I can say is--wow! I'm impressed with the hard work of these kids. I wouldn't be able to do this. Good job, Hannah. We are so proud of you!

1 comments:
Congratulations Hannah!! What a great example, you are such a cool and amazing young woman!!
Post a Comment