Sunday, February 18, 2007

Something New

My friend told me she started a blog and after making sure that it wasn't some type of medical condition, I got all the details and thought, "I should do that!" What a great way for our friends and family see what's up with our family and see new pics of the kids....now, let's hope I do my end of the deal and actually post stories and photos! At any rate, I'm going to give it a try!

So here it goes....I guess the latest information, starting oldest to youngest, is that Hannah has reached an age where she is getting phone calls from friends after school, which we have to limit and somehow balance with homework. I have met her friend on a few occasions since I had the "pleasure" of chaperoning two field trips. She is a very, very nice girl and has been very good for Hannah. Her personality really clicks with Hannah's, which is probably hard to do since that kid just beats to a rhythm of a different kind...(or whatever that expression is).

We are thinking about putting in a swimming pool -- who knows if we really will --but we took some measurements and outlined an area in our yard with a garden hose. Hannah hopped in the middle and said, "look at me swim!" I said, "enjoy! It is probably the only pool you'll ever get."


Emily is liking school better. She loves "Fun Fridays" at school and has made a lot of friends. I am surprised at how much drama there can be with 6/7 year old girls, but there is. She is holding her own though. I love it when she comes home smiling, and these days, it is quite a toothless smile. She has lost her other front tooth. Doesn't she look great?














Abby is going through the potty training process. As you can see, she can get very tired waiting for it to happen...yes, she is asleep on the toilet.....We're having more successes than failures, but I haven't been brave enough to go out with her in big panties yet. No, the weights do not have anything to do with potty training....we had to glue down our flooring and apply weights to make it stick...I am really proud of daddy. I actually wasn't here at this time and he had the thought to capture this moment on the camera. (He says he knows someday I will actually get back to scrapbooking!)
















The most recent birthday was Abby's third birthday on January 8. These three really like to "ham it up" for the camera. Abby spent her birthday with strep throat hence, the small single serving piece of cake for her to blow out a candle on. She is really into the Disney Princesses, especially Ariel and Cinderella so we opted for a Cinderella themed birthday.

Well, I will gather more thoughts and photos and post again soon.

0 comments: